Dust Mite Anti-Allergen is a safe post-treatment for neutralizing the protein allergens created by dust mites thus controlling a major cause of asthma and rhinitis. Application will provide benefits for 60-90 days. A light cleaning along with re-application of the anti-allergen spray is required 4 times per year. A frequent cleaning discount will be offered with this service.
Some things you might NOT want to know about dust mites
- Dust mites are microscopic bugs that live and breed in your carpets, beds and couches. They thrive in homes because they feed on pet dander and your dead skin cells. This is what a dust mite looks like:
- One dust mite excretes about 20 pellets of feces every day. A lot of people are allergic to their fecal matter. Scientists believe that dust mites are linked to asthma and other allergic symptoms, as well as depression, fatigue and headaches.
- Your bed could be home to up to 10 million dust mites. While you sleep, you inhale their feces from your pillow, sheets and blankets.
- Furry pets can increase the number of dust mites in your home.
- Household dust is laden with dust-mite fecal pellets and cast skins. If you look at house dust in a sunbeam, 80% of the floating material is human skin flakes – dust-mite food.
Regular carpet and upholstery cleaning from Advanced Cleaning Systems is beneficial to the health of you and your family because it gets rid of allergens, bacteria and these horrible little creatures called dust mites. ACS can keep them at bay and also increase the lifespan and appearance of your furniture.